28 March, 2011

Tasty Scarf

I know I post a lot of scarves, but it seems to be one of the things I get the most requests for from friends.

This is a scarf I made for my dear friend Emily.  I knew that her favourite colour is green, and I picked out the brown to match it because I thought it complimented the green nicely.  The colours reminded me of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, which I had an intense craving for the whole time I was working on her scarf.


This scarf was knit with Caron Simply Soft yarn in the colours Limelight (9504) and Chocolate (9934).  It was knit on US11 needles.  The pattern was K20 Limelight, K6 Chocolate.  It's 306 rows long.  The fringe was in Chocolate and measured a generous 7.5 inches, I believe (2x15 inch pieces doubled over through each stitch at the bottom).

No comments:

Post a Comment